BIG ROCK OUTFITTERS
Gear/Clothing List for Ellicott Rock Wilderness
- Sleeping bag rated to at least 40 degrees
- Personal first aid kit
- Headlamp or flashlight that uses AAA batteries
- Toothbrush and travel size tooth paste
- Any prescription medication
- Half a roll of toilet paper in a zip-lock bag
- Insect repellant (pump or liquid, not spray-type)
- Fanny pack or day pack for the hike on Saturday to carry water bottle, rain gear, personal first aid kit.
- Well broken-in hiking boots
- 1 pair of camp shoes (moccasins, tevas, crocs; no flip-flops)
- 2 pair of wool or wool/synthetic hiking socks (NO COTTON SOCKS)
- 2 pair of liner socks (polyester, polypropylene, thermax, capilene)
- 1 pair of long pants (preferably zip-offs made of supplex or other synthetic material) NO JEANS. They chafe. They won’t dry.
- 1 pair of shorts (same guidelines as for long pants above)
- 2 long sleeve shirts (synthetic or synthetic/cotton blend)
- 2 pairs of underwear (synthetic only)
- 1 pair of light weight long johns to sleep in (polyester, thermax). NO COTTON.
- 1 sweater/vest/jacket (wool or fleece)
- 1 fleece, wool or synthetic stocking cap to sleep in
- 1 baseball style cap
- 2 bandanas/handkerchiefs (multiple uses)
- 1 “backpacker” towel (like a Sham-Wow). NOT COTTON.
- Rain jacket and rain pants. No ponchos or vinyl rain gear.
- Pen and journal
- Small musical instrument (harmonica, recorder, penny whistle, ocharina)
- Small fishing rod and tackle
- Swim suit
Bring a separate bag with a change of clothing to leave in the car at the trailhead.
PLEASE!!! The only thing you should bring that requires batteries is your headlamp/flashlight. No cell phones, i-pods, radios, etc…………no, not that either!!
For More information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (803) 358-0336